Caffeine addicts, rejoice! National Coffee Day is here and many coffee chains Venti and Tall are offering freebies and special deals to celebrate. From free coffee to free or discounted treats, you can feed your addiction for less on Thursday, Sept. 29.
Before you get too buzzed about these offers, check with your local chain to ensure they're participating. Also check the websites and social pages of local cafes and coffee shops which may also be participating.
1. Caribou Coffee. For National Coffee Day, Caribou Coffee honors Amy Erickson, a former barista who lost her battle with breast cancer in 1995. This year, every cup of Amy's Blend coffee purchased on Sept. 29 will see an additional cup donated to cancer centers across the country, specifically to caregivers and families of patients. Through Oct. 2, consumers who purchase a 1 lb. bag of Amy's Blend Light or Dark Roast Cofee will receive a free brewed coffee.
2. Cumberland Farms. Customers who text FREECOFFEE to 64827 can cash in on a mobile coupon for a free Farmhouse Blend or Bold coffee, any size, on National Coffee Day.
3. Dunkin' Donuts. In conjunction with Dunkin' Donuts' 66 years in business, the popular doughnut chain is offering a medium-sized cup of coffee for just 66 cents on Sept. 29.
4. Krispy Kreme. By far the sweetest offer on the list, Krispy Kreme is not only offering a free small cup of coffee on Sept. 29, but also a free Original Glazed Doughnut at participating shops in both the U.S. and Canada.
5. LaMar's Donuts. Buy a 16 oz. Lamar's Collector's travel mug for $1.19 on Sept. 29 and get it filled with coffee for free. If you want to walk away for the cost of the mug, good luck: LaMar's lineup of drool-worthy donuts will no doubt tempt you to purchase a sweet accompaniment.
6. JetBlue. Flying during the greatest holiday of the year? No problem, at least not for JetBlue Mint customers. The popular airline is celebrating National Coffee Day by offering Brooklyn Roasting Company espressos on Sept. 29.
7. Peet's Coffee. This offer is free-ish, but honestly, who is going to grab a free cup of coffee without buying a yummy treat to accompany it? Over 250 locations of Peet's Coffee are giving away a free coffee with purchase of one of their breakfast items.
8. Pilot Flying J. Travelers can nab a free small cup of Pilot Coffee or another hot drink -- including tea and cappuccino -- from over 650 locations across the country, most of which are located just off interstates. Customers can select among seven blends plus countless creamers, syrups, toppings and other customization options. To receive the offer, visit Pilot Flying J's Facebook page on Sept. 29 to get the online coupon.
9. The Original Brooklyn Water Bagel Co. Buy a menu item from one of TOBWBC's 20+ locations on Sept. 29 and receive a free Cold Brewsta. If you prefer something warmer, the chain is offering a 12 oz. cup of hot coffee through the end of the month on weekdays between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
10. Wawa Coffee. Get up to 24 oz. of coffee free on National Coffee Day at participating locations. The offer is only available for self-serve hot varieties.
11. Whole Foods. Cheap coffee + good cause = caffeinated bliss. Through the end of the month, Whole Foods is offering cups of Allegro Coffee for just 25 cents, and donating $1 to the Whole Planet Foundation for each cup purchased.
12. Bennet's Fresh Roast. Sanibel and Fort Myers dwellers can enjoy a free 12 oz. brewed coffee until 11am on Sept. 29, or opt to purchase a new beverage debuting on National Coffee Day. The oddly-named Creamy Spug is the result of a dream a young barista had about a mystery drink she didn't know how to make.
13. Kahwa Coffee. Tampa Bay dwellers will receive a free small coffee when they say "I Live United" at checkout. The promotion is part of the chain's partnership with the United Way.
14. Sheetz. With numerous locations in PA, VA, WV, MD, OH and NC, Sheetz is offering it's new line of premium coffee to customers for free, starting at 12 a.m. on Sept. 29. Coffee lovers can choose among four blends and 17 creamer and flavor options, and will also receive a free reusable travel cup while supplies last.
15. The Palma Ceia Health Mart Pharmacy. Get a free 12 oz. Americano (hot or iced) between 7:30am and 3pm on Sept. 29 at the pharmacy's South Tampa coffee bar.