Caffeine addicts, rejoice! National Coffee Day is here and many coffee chains Venti and Tall are offering freebies and special deals to celebrate. From free coffee to free or discounted treats, you can feed your addiction for less on Thursday, Sept. 29.
Before you get too buzzed about these offers, check with your local chain to ensure they're participating. Also check the websites and social pages of local cafes and coffee shops which may also be participating.
1. Caribou Coffee. For National Coffee Day, Caribou Coffee honors Amy Erickson, a former barista who lost her battle with breast cancer in 1995. This year, every cup of Amy's Blend coffee purchased on Sept. 29 will see an additional cup donated to cancer centers across the country, specifically to caregivers and families of patients. Through Oct. 2, consumers who purchase a 1 lb. bag of Amy's Blend Light or Dark Roast Cofee will receive a free brewed coffee.
2. Cumberland Farms. Customers who text FREECOFFEE to 64827 can cash in on a mobile coupon for a free Farmhouse Blend or Bold coffee, any size, on National Coffee Day.
3. Dunkin' Donuts. In conjunction with Dunkin' Donuts' 66 years in business, the popular doughnut chain is offering a medium-sized cup of coffee for just 66 cents on Sept. 29.
4. Krispy Kreme. By far the sweetest offer on the list, Krispy Kreme is not only offering a free small cup of coffee on Sept. 29, but also a free Original Glazed Doughnut at participating shops in both the U.S. and Canada.
5. LaMar's Donuts. Buy a 16 oz. Lamar's Collector's travel mug for $1.19 on Sept. 29 and get it filled with coffee for free. If you want to walk away for the cost of the mug, good luck: LaMar's lineup of drool-worthy donuts will no doubt tempt you to purchase a sweet accompaniment.
6. Peet's Coffee. This offer is free-ish, but honestly, who is going to grab a free cup of coffee without buying a yummy treat to accompany it? Over 250 locations of Peet's Coffee are giving away a free coffee with purchase of one of their fresh food items.
7. Pilot Flying J. Travelers can nab a free small cup of Pilot Coffee or another hot drink -- including tea and cappuccino -- from over 650 locations across the country, most of which are located just off interstates. Customers can select among seven blends plus countless creamers, syrups, toppings and other customization options. To receive the offer, visit Pilot Flying J's Facebook page on Sept. 29 to get the online coupon.
8. Smoothie King. Coffee purists, cover your eyes! Smoothie King is offering a buy one, get one free promotion for their new Coffee High Protein Smoothies on Sept. 29. Just print the coupon from their Facebook page and present at checkout.
9. Tim Hortons. The popular Canadian coffee chain is teasing social media followers with an unannounced National Coffee Day offer, though some media outlets suggest $1 cups of coffee will be available on Sept. 29.
10. Wawa Coffee. Get up to 24 oz. of coffee free on National Coffee Day at participating locations. The offer is only available for self-serve hot varieties.
11. Bennett's Fresh Roast. Sanibel and Fort Myers dwellers can enjoy a free 12 oz. cup of Bennett's Fresh Roast or their daily special coffee 100% Kona Prim Estate, in-house or to-go, all day long on Sept. 29.
12. Birch Coffee. Manhattanites can treat themselves to free drip coffee between 7am and 10am at one of eight Birch Coffee locations on Sept. 29.
13. Cartel Coffee Lab. Arizona dwellers living in Tucson, Tempe, Phoenix and Scottsdale can enjoy a free large cold brew or hot drip coffee when they register their email address in-store on Sept. 29. Additionally, $3 of every La Familia Gomez whole bean coffee purchases will be donated to the Gomez family farms in Colombia's Cauca region, where the coffee is produced.
14. Gloria Jean's Coffees. Visit your local mall on Sept. 29 and get rewarded with a sweet freebie! From 2pm to 5pm, stop by Gloria Jean's Coffees for a free 8 oz. White Chocolate Cookie Chiller or a small cup of the Coffee of the Day.
15. Stewart's Shops. With over 330 locations in update New York and southern Vermont, this family and employee-owned chain of convenience stores is offering free hot and iced coffee of any size and flavor from 12pm to close, including seasonal favorites like pumpkin spice.