Though many would argue that #NationalCoffeeDay is every day, the official calendar holiday has arrived! Coffee chains Venti and Tall are offering freebies and special deals to celebrate. From free coffee to free or discounted treats, you can feed your addiction for less on Friday, Sept. 29.
Before you get too buzzed about these offers, check with your local chain to ensure they're participating. Also check the websites and social pages of local cafes and coffee shops which may also be participating.
1. Caribou Coffee. For National Coffee Day, Caribou Coffee honors Amy Erickson, a former barista who lost her battle with breast cancer in 1995. Starting on National Coffee Day, 10 percent of every sale of select items will benefit CancerCare, a non-profit organization. This promotion lasts through October, plus if you purchase an Amy’s tumblr to-go mug, you can get it filled with regular coffee all month for free!
2. Cumberland Farms. Text FREECOFFEE to 64827 to get a coupon for a free Farmhouse Blend or Bold coffee of any size on National Coffee Day! The offer is also valid on tea, hot chocolate and cappuccinos.
3. Dunkin' Donuts. The popular donut chain is offering a free medium coffee with the purchase of a medium or larger coffee on Sept. 29! Don’t forget to pick up a donut for dunking purposes.
4. Krispy Kreme. Stop by Krispy Kreme all weekend long for free java! Get a hot coffee of any size, or a small iced coffee free through October 1. Only one coffee per customer per day.
5. LaMar's Donuts. Buy a 16 oz. Lamar's collector's travel mug for $1.19 on Sept. 29 and get it filled with coffee for free. If you want to walk away for the cost of the mug, good luck: LaMar's lineup of drool-worthy donuts will no doubt tempt you to purchase a sweet accompaniment.
6. Peet's Coffee. Take 25 percent off beans at Peet’s Coffee & Tea, plus get a free drip coffee when you buy any variety of bagged beans! The bean offer is also valid for online shoppers with the code COFFEEDAY17.
7. Pilot Flying J. Travelers can nab a free small cup of Pilot Coffee or another hot drink -- including tea and cappuccino -- from over 650 locations across the country, most of which are located just off interstates. Customers can choose from seven different blends, plus countless creamers, syrups, toppings and other customization options. To receive the offer, visit Pilot Flying J's Facebook page on Sept. 29 to get the coupon.
8. Cinnabon. Stop by Cinnabon on Friday for a free 12 oz. coffee! (We dare you to try and resist buying a cinnamon roll to go with it.)
10. Lyft. Customers who travel with Lyft on Friday in participating areas will get a free can of cold High Brew Coffee! This promotion is happening in Seattle, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Chicago, Austin and San Francisco.
11. Wawa Coffee. Get a free cup of coffee, any size, at Wawa locations on Sept. 29!
13. Birch Coffee. Manhattanites can take advantage of a “pay what you want” offer on drip coffee at one of nine Birch Coffee locations on Sept. 29. The event is intended to help customers appreciate the art of farm-to-cup coffee.
14. Horn and Hardart Coffee, Philadelphia. Horn & Hardart will be giving out free cups of Liberty Roast from noon and 2pm on Friday at Rittenhouse Square. If you don’t live in Philadelphia, be one of the first 500 to make an online purchase with code COFFEEDAY and you’ll get free coffee!
15. Gloria Jean's Coffees. Craving something sweet? Stop by Gloria Jean's Coffees for a free 8 oz. White Chocolate Cookie Chiller or a small cup of the Coffee of the Day.
16. Stewart's Shops. With over 330 locations in upstate New York and southern Vermont, this family and employee-owned chain of convenience stores is offering free hot, iced or cold brew coffee of any size and flavor from 12pm to close, including seasonal favorites like pumpkin spice.
17. QuickChek. Customers can enjoy a buy-one-get-one-free offer on hot, cold brew or iced coffees on Fridays starting Sept. 29. This offer is valid on any size and goes through Nov. 3!
18. Le Meridien Hotels. Celebrate internationally with Le Meridien on October 1. They’re featuring a pop-up shop at Brookfield Place in downtown Manhattan, and customers can enjoy complimentary specialty drinks crafted by Master Barista Franz Zauner from 11am to 5pm.