The stress and defeat associated with Tax Day can leave many of us with a bad taste in our mouths. Perhaps that’s why so many restaurants offer tasty deals and freebies: to help us forget our troubles and bury our heads in a plate of something yummy. While not as plentiful, some retailers are also offering relief in the form of discounts and giveaways.
In addition to these national offers, local restaurants and shops may be offering tax day discounts and freebies, so check your local newspaper’s website for a list of more deals. Plus, we’ll be updating this list as more offers become available, so come back soon!
2. Arby's. Feeling lifeless after filing your taxes? Arby's wants to perk you up with a free order of curly fries at select locations. Call ahead to see if yours is participating.
4. Boston Market. Enjoy a half-chicken meal with two sides, cornbread, beverage and cookie for just $10.40. No coupon required, just ask for the Tax Day special.
8. California Tortilla. With locations in the northeast, California Tortilla is offering free chips and queso (with purchase) on April 18 when you say “Tax Crunch!” at checkout.
9. Cinnabon. Participating locations will offer two free Cinnabon bites on April 18.
10. Great American Cookies. Enjoy a free Birthday Cake cookie when you stop by participating locations of Great American Cookies on April 18. (No, it doesn't have to be your birthday.)
11. Hard Rock Cafe. If you’re not feeling humiliated enough on April 18, head over to participating locations of Hard Rock Cafe and “sing for your supper.” Sharing your vocal stylings with patrons will score you a free burger.
12. Hungry Howie's. Order any large one-topping pizza online at Hungry Howie's, get a medium 1-topping for just 15 cents! Use code TAXTIME to redeem.
13. HydroMassage. Through April 22, enjoy a free HydroMassage at participating locations. Print the coupon and call your nearest location to schedule a massage (no appointment necessary at Planet Fitness locations).
14. Keurig. Get free shipping plus 20% off most pods through April 25 with code COFFEECORNER20.
15. Kona Ice. Chill out, brudda! Kona Ice is declaring April 18 National "Chill Out" Day and parking trucks at businesses, post offices and tax prep centers across the country to hand out free leis and free cups of shaved ice!
16. McDonald's. Depending on your location, when you buy one Big Mac or Quarter Pounder with cheese, you'll get one of these same for just a penny on April 18.
17. Office Depot. Print the coupon to shred up to five pounds of documents for free through June, or while supplies last.
18. Outback Steakhouse. Treat yourself and a date to dinner or lunch at Outback. Print a coupon to save $4 off two adult lunch entrees OR $5 off two adult dinner entrees through April 20.
19. Schlotzsky's. Starving after filing your taxes? Purchase a 32 oz. fountain drink and chips from Schlotzsky’s on April 18 and get a The Original small sandwich free with coupon.
20. Sonic. Select locations of Sonic Drive-In restaurants are offering their own returns on Tax Day with half-price cheeseburgers all day. Check with your local restaurant for deals and participation.
21. Sonny’s BBQ. At Sonny’s BBQ, IRS stands for something else: Irresistible Ribs Special. Get yours for half price on April 18 at participating locations.